Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Monetize Your Speech as You Help People Reach Their Goals!

"JoAnn Ajayi-Scott was a delight to have as one of our main stage speakers at the 1st Annual Public Speakers Conference.  Her story and inspiration moved the audience and I was so honored to have her on my stage.  Book JoAnn immediately for your next conference!"
Tonya Hofmann: CEO & Founder of the Public Speakers Association
 

What a wonderful way to start my work day! I opened an email that said "testimonial" and this was in it! It is definitely what every speaker, trainer, or consultant aspire to have in their arsenal (and on their speaker sheet).

The amazing part of this whole story is I had the shortest time on stage and was probably the greenest speaker...meaning I had spent less time as a speaker in the past few years than most people at the Public Speakers Conference March 3-5, 2014. Based on the presentations, speakers, and conversations I participated in, most of the speakers had been full-time speakers for at least 2-3 years and are being paid quite well, based on the strategies, techniques, and tools they used at the conference.

This conference was transformational. Although I have been conducting workshops, keynote speaker, emcee, panelist, and facilitator for many venues over the past 25 years, I have not worked as a speaker full-time, so making money as a speaker was not important to me.

I knew I had to be at this conference because the desire to become a sought-after empowerment speaker this year was my ultimate goal. I saw speakers in every arena to help entrepreneurs LEVERAGE their business. These speakers demonstrated how ANYONE could use speaking to market and promote their expertise. The key is to have products and services to offer after the speech is over! In other words, tell people your story, show them how you can help them, then offer them a chance to buy from you IMMEDIATELY after your presentation.

After watching speakers go up, present their products and services in a way to make you want to buy from them time after time, I got it! Getting PAID to speak can happen three different ways: by the people who invite you to speak, at the back of the room after the speech (products and services being offered), or by paying to speak...knowing you are in front of your TARGETED audience and they will hire you as a consultant, coach, or mentor for face-to-face or webinar for exponential income!

Lesson: Make sure you tell your story, Provide a service, and Give them a chance to Get More from you through products and services TODAY or in the future...MONETIZE YOUR SPEECH!

And you will get testimonials such as this:
Ms. Scott,
Thank you so much for having been apart of my senior project Girl Power Seminar. Not only were you a part of this amazing seminar, but you also helped me get six of my speakers. Without your help none of this would have been possible. Through you not only was I able to get some of my guest speakers, but I was able to meet many wonderful people. Not only are you a spectacular business woman, you are an amazing human being. Your upbeat personality is great! Not to mention that your enthusiasm and laughter is contagious. You are like a spark of energy that as soon as you walk into a room you make everyone’s day that much better. I truly appreciate all your help, it will never be forgotten. You are an amazing human being!
Sincerely,
Susanna Gutierrez
 
If you need someone to Emcee, Open, Close, or Keynote your Event or If you need someone to mentor a student (in school or college) to coordinate an event with speakers, contact me at joann@joannajayiscott.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment